Local Bridgeport Lawyers
For A Local DUI Defense
Bridgeport is a vibrant community with incredible education, art, and business opportunities. Whether you live in Bridgeport or frequent it often to visit establishments such as Brewport, the Hartford Healthcare Amphitheater, Seaside Park, or the Beardsley Zoo, Bridgeport is a great place to spend your time.
Unfortunately, just like as in all Connecticut cities in towns, the police are vigilant about pulling drivers over for seemingly small motor vehicle violations. The police are always on the lookout for impaired driving and will not hesitate to make an arrest if they feel that you are driving under the influence.
This can all happen so quickly and unexpectedly. One minute you are enjoying a nice afternoon in the park or an evening out, and the next you are in a police station fighting for your freedom. We understand that it can be incredibly overwhelming. That’s why we’ve created this section of our website. We want to answer all of the common questions that we get about Bridgeport DUI arrests in an effort to ease your mind. Our team will be there with you every step of the way if you reach out to us. We have an office in Bridgeport and many of our team members grew up in the city. We know the Bridgeport courthouse, police officers, prosecutors, and judges, and can help you navigate a Bridgeport DUI charge.
The Information You Need
Call us today to schedule a free consultation with my team. Hope will not fix your Connecticut DUI charge. Contacting us can!
In our time working with Bridgeport DUI cases over the past few decades, we see patterns of the kinds of questions that our clients have about the process. In this section of our website, we answer those commonly asked questions, including:
- What to expect when you are pulled over. Most officers will ask you to perform standardized field sobriety tests to determine if you are intoxicated. Unfortunately, there are many flaws in these tests, despite the fact that the police will lead you to believe that they are accurate. Don’t be fooled – get the real answers here. Officers may also ask you to perform a breath test when they pull you over. Again, this type of test has its flaws which you can learn about in this section.
- What to expect if you are convicted of a first, second, or third DUI in the Bridgeport area. Each of these charges carries different levels of penalties that you should be aware of if you face an arrest.
- What happens when the DMV gets involved. Because the DMV is in charge of your driver’s license, they can suspend it upon a DUI arrest. An arrest alone is enough for the DMV to suspend your license. The only way to prevent this is by requesting and winning a DMV Per Se Hearing.
- In addition to the DMV process, you have to go through a court process in Bridgeport. Learn the ins and outs of what to expect after your arrest.
- Learn about the additional penalties that you could face if you are arrested for a DUI and you are a commercial driver’s license holder. The stakes are much higher if you have a CDL.
- We are all fairly familiar with the concept of the alcohol DUI, but can you be arrested for driving under the influence of drugs? Learn more about drug-related DUI arrests on our drug DUI and marijuana DUI pages.